New Zealand New Zealand +64 9373 2949 Australia Australia +61 2 9211 7130

Video - Form 3520-A, Foreign Trust Filing Deadline

Today, 16th September 2019 is the final day in which a timely filed, calendar year Form 3520-A for a Foreign Grantor Trust can be filed (with extension). For US expats who have an interest in a foreign trust, meeting the trust deadline is essential in avoiding penalties imposed by the IRS. Fore... Read more

Shared News Item - US Expats at Risk of Account Freeze under FATCA

As many US citizens are aware, FATCA (the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) has been in place for a number of years, and has changed the financial landscape for US citizens residing overseas. Today, we are sharing an article from a respected international financial news agency, the Internation... Read more

Video - Form W-7, Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers

For non-US citizens or green card holders who have any dealings with the IRS, an ITIN number is needed in most cases. An ITIN is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, and is similar to a Social Security Number. Learn more in our video below: Read more

Video - US Taxation of Inheritance and Estates

Losing a loved one can be a difficult time, with tax implications understandably at the back of most peoples minds. Many clients contact us frequently with their concerns related to the taxation of estates, or inheritance, but fortunately for most clients, there are no tax implications. It should... Read more

Video - Capital Gains Tax for US Expats

Many of our clients, both living inside and outside the US frequently have to deal with the issue of Capital Gains. Questions vary from what the tax liability could be, to what forms we would use to report the gain. Learn more in our video below, or call us today: Read more

New IRS Tax Witholding Estimator

Many of our clients live and/or work in the US, and each year need to calculate what percentage withholding tax for their employer to withhold from their wages. This not only affects those living in the US, but also those who work temporarily in the US, or receive income for ad hoc work. The calc... Read more

Dealing with Tax upon Divorce or Separation - IRS Update

Many different life events can have an impact on your taxes, as a US expat. One which we deal with frequently, is the tax implications of divorce or separation. In most cases, this doesn't result in any tax for either party when their tax returns are prepared correctly. However, as with many part... Read more

Video - Foreign Companies

Many of our clients hold companies based outside of the US. But, what filing requirements does this create? In many cases, Form 5471 may be required, or potentially just Schedule C for self-employment income. Learn more in our video below: Read more

Video - US Retirement Fund Withdrawals for Expats

For those who have moved from the US to New Zealand or Australia, how their US retirement fund will be taxed is a common concern. Learn more in our video below, or contact us today: Read more

Video - Form 3520 & 3520-A Foreign Trust Tax Implications For US Expats

One issue that affects many US citizens overseas, is Foreign Trust reporting. This frequently arises, and usually requires preparation of Form 3520 and 3520-A (which we discussed further here). Learn more in our video below, or call us today: Read more

Video - Form W8-BEN and W8-BEN-E

Forms W8-BEN and W8-BEN-E form some of the most commonly requested forms from US institutions, when dealing with Non-Resident Aliens, or foreign companies investing into the US. We frequently assist both companies and individuals who are receiving US income, or exporting to the US with preparatio... Read more

Video - Moving To Australia or New Zealand, and the US Tax Implications

We're currently going through a period of increased interest in migration to Australia and New Zealand. For US citizens considering this move, there can be tax implications to consider. Learn more below, or call us today: Read more

Who needs a to file a US tax return?